My site just had a huge rainstorm come through at about 7 in the morning. I'm hoping that most of the Alberta forest also got this rain, it's much needed, with all the fires. I know my family was worried that I was in danger of the forest fires, and yes, according to the fire maps that the forestry guys released, I am surrounded by them right now. But I see no smoke, or ominous orange flickering on the cloud ceiling at night. So I should be safe, and now with the ground thoroughly soaked with this little storm, there is a buffer.
There is a very happy robin outside the window in the back of my shack at the moment. He's singing his brains out at the moment, happy for the rain I suspect. If only all the birds were as happy as him. I have a raven perched atop my MTC, with his feathers fluffed up, looking rather disgusted. He's the usually raven we have on site, who always sits on vehicles. Both morning and night he goes to check out the bed of the crew truck in case the guys left some food behind for him.
I unlike my raven friend love a good rain storm as long as I'm inside and have a pot of tea and a blanket. Today I just watched it through the window at my desk, and was thankful I'm not one of the crew, soaked in coveralls. Just over a week till I'm home. Yay! Can't wait. And maybe by then I'll have internet and cable hooked up so I can watched Food Network while I cook hahah.
And damnit Jess! I miss you too :( If I could take my new apartment, and transplant it and the nice rent back to Edmonton I totally would!
No comments:
Post a Comment