Alright so a lot happened over the last couple of weeks. I finished a tour at work only to go home on days off and pack. Lots of packing. Too much packing. You don't know how much crap you have until you have to put it in boxes and move it somewhere else. But a good 5 days of packing later with some last minute crap on moving day and it was done. My parents drove up from Manitoba to help me move on the other end because I moved on a Monday which meant I didn't expect any of my friends to come up there to help move me, as they all have work to go to. Sunday however a lot of people showed up to help me. Which was nice. Got everything on the truck in about 3 hours, then I took my parents out for dinner for a thank you/happy mother's day thing. We then sat in the middle of an empty apartment and drank wine, a tradition with our family, except when I was a kid it wasn't wine...it was juice.
Monday morning we were up at 5 to get the last bits on the truck, then it was off to the new apartment. A 5 hour drive, 85 songs on the iPod, a passenger change, a can of Red Bull and 2 XL DD from Timmie's and we were there. While my parents tried to figure out where my parking spot was, I went on the walk through with my new land lord and she discussed what I could and couldn't do in the apartment. With that done, we started to off load. With the 3 of us going nonstop, we got it done in about 6 hours. Some of my neighbours are really nice and 2 guys offered to move our couch upstairs which we gladly accepted. At about 8 we finally collapsed on the couch and realised we needed to eat something, which none of us had thought of all day until then.
Tuesday my parents stuck around and we ran little errands to get things needed for the new apartment, that I didn't have. A new garbage can for the kitchen. Felt pads for furniture so it doesn't scratch the laminate floor. New tea towels cuz my roommate took all of mine when he moved out. Little things, you know.
All in all, as days off go, I didn't get much rest. I spent most of it packing or lifting or running around. I'm back at work now, so this will be a bit of a break I guess. Back to just going to safety meetings twice a day and spending the rest just reading or watching tv. Ah well.
I miss you wayyyy too freaking much!!! My wing-woman is too far away lol
ReplyDelete